Mail for book review at mapsavdelhi.library@blogger.com

Mail for book review at mapsavdelhi.library@blogger.com

Sunday 28 July 2019

COLLECTED POEMS by Sylvia Plath


"I shut my eyes and all the world drops dead;
I lift my lids and all is born again.
I think I made you up inside my head..." 


Sylvia Plath has been, and probably always will be, a poet whose words hit me harder than many others' ever will. Many of the poems in this collection are very familiar to me: I've shed tears over them, adored them, resented them, analyzed them to death and absorbed their every message in my heart over the course of years now. I got to revisit some of my old favorites, which still haven't lost their magic over me.

Some of my favorites included in this collection are: 

- Lady Lazarus (possibly Plath's most famous poem, and one of my all-time favorites)
- The Moon and the Yew-tree 
- Elm
- Paralytic
- Edge 

All of these are amazing poems in their own sense, but reading the collection as a whole helped me understand a bit more about Sylvia Plath as a person whom I absolutely adore.

Anshika Sharma
XI-E
26.07.19

No comments:

Post a Comment